Monday, October 24, 2016

Final Project Plan

Final Project Plan
·       Site title – Miss Travieso’s First Grade Class

·       Developer – Michaela Travieso

·       Rational or focus –
    • Statement of Purpose: My purpose for creating this website is to increase parent involvement and knowledge in my classroom.
      • Main objectives:
        • To increase parent communication
        • To increase parent knowledge of events occurring the classroom
        • To increase parent knowledge of the subject matter their children are learning in my classroom

·       Main features outline and Content
    • Home Page- Description of website, my contact information and important events coming up in the classroom
    • Classroom Information Page- A page that has all of the information for our classroom, from the topics we are focusing on that week to our class rules and schedule.
    • Calendar Page- A calendar for the month that lists homework and important dates
    • Superhero’s Work Page- A page that has pictures and videos of the students doing their projects and work in the classroom.
    • Math Tips- A page that will have websites and examples of the math the students are completing for the parents to view.
    • Reading and Writing Tips- A page that will have websites and examples of the math the students are completing for the parents to view.
    • Contact Page- A page where the parents can contact me directly if they have any questions, comments, or concerns.

·       Target audience – The target audience for my site will be the parents of the students in my classroom.

·       Design considerations- The design goals for my website are to make it:
-       clutter-free: I do not want to too much information that will overwhelm my viewer, such as long paragraphs or too many bullets for them to read.
-       easy to navigate: I want all of the pages to lead back to the home page, as well as the viewer to know which header to click on to get a specific site or information.
-       colorful: I want the colors to be red, yellow and blue to represent my superhero theme.

·       Limiting factors – The technical factors that might limit my website design would be knowing how to create a calendar that I can update daily or monthly, such as Google Calendar. Also, I am unsure if I would be able to create a page where the parents could contact me directly from the webpage, such as sending me an email directly. The audience factors that might limit my website design would be parents have the ability to access the website, such as not having access to the internet.




·       Site Map Image-


Wire Frame Image





No comments:

Post a Comment